The Thrills and Spills at Benidorm Theme and Water Parks
Benidorm is the ideal destination for a family holiday, due to the wealth of family attractions on offer in and around Benidorm. The Benidorm parks of Aqualandia, Mundomar, Terra Mitica and Terra Natura make for an action packed, fun holiday and there’s never any shortage of things to do, with all of the other Benidorm tourist attractions.
Here are some details on the main theme parks in the Benidorm area.
Aqualandia Water Park Benidorm
Aqualandia is said to be one of the largest water park in Europe and as water parks go, I have to say there’s nothing that comes close!
Aqualandia water park is open daily from 10am, from mid May to mid October, and has a host of watery attraction for you to enjoy. There are over 20 different rides and area to explore including:-
- The ‘Splash’ multitrack of water slides – Race your friends down this fun waterslide and see who gets to the bottom first.
- The Black Hole – An adventurous water ride in the dark!
- The Big Bang – Plummet down this practically vertical water slide and enjoy the sensation of free-falling!
- The Kamikaze – Thrill yourself with the speed of this water slide.
- The Rapids – Float along the Rapids in an inflatable ring.
- Zig Zags – Crazy twisting and criss crossing water slides.
- Laguna – Enjoy a variety of sport activities in and around this pool.
- Niagara – Float by waterfalls and explore caves hidden behind waterfalls.
- Amazonas – A relaxing family ride. Let the gentle current float you around on this river.
- Atalantic Surf – A fantastic wave pool which is just like the sea.
- Zoo immersion – Swim with sea lions.
Mundomar is a fantastic marine and exotic animal park in Benidorm which offers you the chance to see many wonderful animals, enjoy spectacular shows, such as dancing with dolphins or exotic bird shows, and explore the aquarium.
The park is split into different zones:-
- Sea lions
- Children’s Play Area
Don’t, whatever you do, miss the amazing dolphin show. It is 40 minutes of dolphins performing wonderful routines with synchronised swimmers
Terra Mitica Park Benidorm
Terra Mitica theme park has got to be one of the best in Europe. It is a park which takes its themes and inspiration from the civilizations, myths and legends of Egypt, Greece, Rome and the Greek Islands.
Terra Mitica has over 80 shows a day to entertain you
gladiators, archaeologists searching for treasures, pirates, various themed puppet shows and street entertainment. However, the main attractions are the rides which include:-
- Tizona – This 35 second nose dive will scare you to death!
- Triton’s Fury – Get splashed twice in this wonderful water ride.
- Synkope – Nothing can prepare you for a ride on this immense spinning disc!
- Inferno – This ride launches you at 60km an hour and then spins you like a ball. It will have you screaming!
There are also many rides and attractions for children and the faint-hearted!
This Benidorm wildlife and zoological park’s aim is to help you experience ‘zooimmersion’. In other words, this park has been developed in such a way that you can see the animals in their own habitats with invisible barriers, just as if you were seeing them in the wild.
The park is open all year round and is a whopping 320,000 square metres and is divided into four main zones
Pangea, America, Asia and Europe. At Terra Natura, you can see over 1,500 different animals, belonging to 200 different species, 50 animals which are in danger of extinction and over 2,500 plants and trees.
Other attractions of the park include:-
- Pangea – See a volcano, venomous creatures and learn about rocks, minerals and fossils.
- America – See flamingos, llamas, parrot exhibitions, a Mayan ruin, an aviary and the Temple of Jaguars.
- Asia – See birds of prey, grassland, plains and a waterhole for rhinos and elephants, crocodiles, the Temple of Tigers, an Indian Village and the Children’s Temple play area.
- Europe – Find deer and sheep grazing on lavender and lemon balm, ponds of swans and ducks, a Greek village and a farm.
- Zip wire – Get an aerial view of the elephants!
- Face painting
- Ancestral dancing
- Feeding the animals
- Street entertainment
- Camel and donkey rides
Other Parks Near Benidorm
If those four theme parks are not enough, you can also visit Rio Safari Park Elche, a wonderful safari park located between Elche and Santa Pola, or the Safari Aitana Park, set in the picturesque Aitana mountains about 35km from Benidorm. What with these parks, Benidorm’s wonderful beaches and the great Costa Blanca climate, you can’t fail to have the holiday of a lifetime!
|Copying this article to your website is strictly NOT allowed.
However, if you like this article, you can use the HTML code below to directly link to this article.